In this episode, I speak to Ross Johnson, a 27 year old serial entrepreneur dedicated to teaching coaches and consultants how to grow their online businesses. His trajectory was anything but typical. He went from being a broke personal trainer to building $2 million businesses in just four years, one of which he was able to exit successfully.
Now he’s helped hundreds of people grow their online businesses through his mentorship programs, which has earned him mentions in a ton of publications including Forbes, inc and Entrepreneur.
In today’s episode, we talk about so many different things. Everything from his very moderate modest upbringing to oyster farming, selling drugs, how the Four Hour Work Week inspired him to start his online business and why in the first four years and nothing, absolutely nothing seemed to be working for him.
The biggest thing he identified with me is using a script. Having a step-by-step template of exactly what to say and when, so that he could start growing confidence and trust in his own ability to know exactly what to say, when to say it, why he was saying it to potential customers so that he could hear yes, after yes, after yes, consistently!
- If you don’t make the sale, improve the offer over and over again and see if you can make the sale. And then when people make the sale, ask them why they bought, why did they buy from you and not someone else
- People would buy right in the DM on a $5,000 product. This goes to show that the better your branding and marketing is, the less push you have to be with sales.
- If you don’t ask, you’re being selfish if you don’t make the offer because you can change somebody’s life and it’s up to you.
- You just got to think about who you want to be and be open to change.
- You can’t be attached to the outcome. You can intend on making the sale, but you have to have no attachment to the outcome. Once you have an attachment to the outcome, people can feel it and it’s going to make it challenging for you to make sales.
- If your branding and marketing is super on point, the sales calls can be really easy.
- How Ross tried to give away a service for free, had calls with 60 people, yet none of them took up the offer [09:00]
- How do you pivot in your business and navigate that transition [12:07]
- How to reposition and rebrand yourself, especially when you are representing yourself as a personal brand in your business [16:31]
- How to stop taking rejection and everything else in your business so personally and go easy on yourself [19:20]
- What to do when you’re struggling with pricing and you’re hearing more Nos than Yes’es on your sales conversations [21:30]
- How your marketing and branding directly influence your sales results [26:33]
- Business is a marathon, not a sprint. Why you need to focus on the long-term [34:57]
- How to not sound desperate when things aren’t working [37:01]
- How you can build authority, build relationships and tap on other communities without coming off as a sleaze [40:00]
- How Ross used a script and practiced it and became really good at handling objections [42:16]
This is such a goood episode. Ross shared some key points with us today, including how using a script helped him master the sales game and get him consistently closing more deals and helping more clients.
If you’re struggling to figure out what to say on your discovery calls, or maybe tired of hearing objections and looking for your own sales script of what to say when talking to potential clients, check out my Discovery Call Bundle – it’s the exact formula me and my clients have used to create 80% or more conversion rates. In fact, I use it to average 93% close rates. Go ahead and Check it out at susanmcvea.com/script to grab your very own copy and start hearing more YES’es on your sales calls.
Join Sell With More Ease
If you’re done with putting things off and desire to master sales today so that you can grow and scale your business faster than you ever have, click here to join the waitlist for Sales Mastery Society and be the first to know when doors open!
Send me your burning questions:
Send me your questions and I will profile you here on an upcoming show.
Find out more about me here: