If you have ever thought that closing the sale is the end all be all to your sales and your sales process, I’m going to debunk that myth on today’s episode. People are focused on how do I close, how do I close, how do I close. Maybe you’ve even heard The ABC of sales – Always Be Closing. However, I very much believe that it really should be ABS – Always Be Serving, instead of ABC.
In this episode, we’re talking all about why opening the sale is the most important part of the sales process and why it will bring you even more sales in the long-term.
- Selling is the opportunity for you to provide your service, programs, products and solution as a way for your customers to get the help that they need.
- The front end part of your sales process, which is the opening, is a combination of your preparation as well as setting the stage and building rapport, making the connection with your ideal customers.
- Set yourself and your potential customer up for success by having very clear expectations for what the sales conversation is supposed to look like based on what you want.
- People buy from those that they know, like and trust. They may know you and trust that you have the expertise, but if they don’t like you very much, especially when you’re working with them at a high level, high touch type of service, then there would be a huge disconnect.
- Selling is serving and when you sell really well, then you’re serving at the same time. When people have a problem you can solve, they’re naturally going to continue to ask how to work with you. [Tweet This]
- You get to choose who you work with and if you don’t like them, you can say no. [Tweet This]
- Nobody wants to be pushed through with their credit card. They want to know that they matter even if they don’t end up working with you. [Tweet This
- Why opening the sale is the most important part of the sales process. [01:22]
- The key things you need to prepare for sales calls (it’s actually pretty simple!) [05:01]
- How to set the stage in your sales conversations and have the confidence to set your expectations upfront. [07:20]
- How to create rapport and set the tone for the relationship that you’re going to have with your customers right from the get go. [10:57]
- Why selling with integrity helps you create powerful word of mouth marketing for your business, even from people who may never buy from you. [17:39]
Turn “I Can’t Afford It.” Into “Sign Me Up!” – Overcome price objections to get more sales, more paying clients and turn those Nos into Yeses! Grab your free copy now.
Send me your burning questions:
Send me your questions and I will profile you here on an upcoming show. (Link to the podcast page)
Find out more about me here:
Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/groups/successfulsalesstrategies
Instagram: @susanmcvea (www.instagram.com/susanmcvea)