How often are you spending hours on creating proposals that don’t end up closing into signed deals? Sending proposals when you haven’t properly sold your services is not what’s going to get your customers to buy. Making money, growing your customer base and creating value for your business and for the world doesn’t have to be difficult or complicated. It can be easy if you have a process and
The term “empathy” is used to describe a wide range of experiences. Emotion researchers generally define empathy as the ability to sense other people’s emotions, coupled with the ability to imagine what someone else might be thinking or feeling. In other words: The ability to share someone else’s feelings or experiences by imagining what it would be like to be in that person’s situation. One of the most important things in the process of mastering the sales game is to study empathy not only as a feeling, but also as a mindset on how to solve problems, understand demands and present a solid proposal that helps your customers have the best solution for their needs. In this episode you will learn the full meaning of empathy in the sales world and how to use it to leverage your sales and impact in the world. Are you ready? Let’s dive in!
- If you’re selling business to business, not all B2B sales require a proposal.
- If you want to get your proposals accepted, you need to follow their instructions.
- You do not do heavy lifting with a proposal.
- Do NOT use a proposal in order to avoid negotiations.
- You are the one that actually has to actively sell.
- Your proposal is a part of the sales process.
- Empathy is defined as the ability to share and understand the feelings of another.
- Empathy is related to our emotional quotient or emotional intelligence.
- When we are dealing with our potential customers, our leads or prospects, they often make decisions and buy based on emotional reasons or rationale.
- Human beings justify that emotional buy using logic.
- It’s important that we use both the logical left brain and the creative right brain, or the more intuitive, emotional side of things.
- This is all about understanding, being able to use your brain to logically understand another person’s perspective about what’s happening from a situation.
- Empathic concern is really about the ability to sense to have an understanding, but really, it’s about sensing.
- Empathy is not just about timing.
- Empathy is the basis for really solid communication.
- Every step of the process is really about re-engaging, reinvigorating and re igniting the fact that you’re on the same page together with your prospective client.
- How you position yourself when you are having to sell using proposals [02:50]
- What to do if you’re selling business to business [03:48]
- Why your proposals do not get accepted [04:36]
- 1st thing to do to Increase Your Close Ratio for Sales Proposals [05:12]
- 2nd thing to do to Increase Your Close Ratio for Sales Proposals [06:02]
- 3rd thing to do to Increase Your Close Ratio for Sales Proposals [06:25]
- A great place to make sure that you clarify expectations [08:29]
- Why you need to highlight your proposals [09:18]
- What is empathy [15:31]
- Three main types of empathy [15:49]
- Three different ways that we process emotional information [16:51]
- The whole point of having empathy [24:02]
- Things that allow you to create appropriate connections in your sales [25:21]
🎙 Previously Episodes Mentioned on This Episode and Powerful Resource Episodes:
- Episode 10: Mastering The 7 Critical Steps Of Your Sales Process – Listen Now: https://www.susanmcvea.com/s1ep10
- Episode 17 – Why Lead Generation Is A Sales Problem – Listen Now: https://www.susanmcvea.com/s1ep17
- Episode 81 – 5 Strategies to Get More Clients Even With A Tiny List Audience Or Following – Listen Now: https://www.susanmcvea.com/s1ep81
- Episode 146 – 4 Key Questions to Ask When Investing – Listen Now: https://www.susanmcvea.com/s1ep146
- Episode 147 – How to Handle Market Volatility – Listen Now: https://www.susanmcvea.com/s1ep147
🎙 Powerful Resource:
- How do the rich make money? – YouTube Video – Click here to watch!
Need consistent leads?
Before you spend more hours on any social media platform, make sure you know how to generate consistent leads on demand. Don’t get trapped spending hours with little to show for your efforts or talking to tire kickers who have no intention to buy from you! In 5 days, you’ll know exactly what you’re offering, who your best buyer is and what they are actually buying so you can create a never-ending supply of leads.
The best part? You can grab yours for a limited time for only $7 instead of $97! 💥www.susanmcvea.com/consistentleads
Sales Mastery Society: Want to close $2,000 – $800,000 contracts just like my clients? Join my exclusive inner circle of ambitious, driven entrepreneurs wanting to master their sales, create more impact and help more people with their business. Learn more about my 4-step framework and repeatable sales system that helps you attract, convert and retain more clients over here. 👉🏼 www.salesmasterysociety.com
Resources to Help You Master the Sales Game!
They are the perfect companion to my Master the Sales Game podcast, so you can take the next step to getting more of those sales 😊
- Selling to Her – grab my quick assessment to figure out how well you’re currently selling to women as well as how to get my help to close the gaps! Grab your copy now.
- 6-Figure Blueprint – With this blueprint, learn the 3 simple, proven ways to get calls booked so you can generate clients on demand! Make those $10K+ income months a reality and leave the struggle, overwhelm and burnout behind. Grab your free copy now.
- Turn “I Can’t Afford It.” Into “Sign Me Up!” – Overcome price objections to get more sales, more paying clients and turn those Nos into Yeses! Grab your free copy now.
- Top 5 Secrets To More YES’es – Get the exact same secrets I’ve only shared with my premium VIP 1:1 clients paying multiple 5 figures. Learn how to turn connections into conversations and conversations into a waitlist of dream clients. Grab your very own copy and start hearing more YES’es on your sales calls.
Join Sell with More Ease:
If you’re done with wasting time on tire kickers and desire to increase the closing rate on your sales calls and get your dream clients to work with you so that you can grow and scale your business faster than you ever have, click here to join the waitlist for Sell With More Ease and be the first to know when doors open!
Send me your burning questions:
Send me your questions and I will profile you here on an upcoming show.
Find out more about me here: